Dear Parents & Carers
As we come to the end of a very difficult of year, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your vital support in keeping the Gateshead School community safe and ensuring your son/daughter maintains their educational development. Your support has been very much appreciated as children have adapted to the new routines which have been necessary.
Friday 18th December, Saturday 19th December or Sunday 20th December
If your child displays any Covid symptoms on the dates above, it is really important that you;
- Keep your child and any siblings and household members at home and isolated
- Book a test – wherever possible please arrange to book this at a test site rather than a home test kit (postal). Tests can be booked online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by ringing 119 if you have problems using the online service
- Notify school immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – School is not open for phone calls over Christmas.
This could impact on other families who may also have to isolate if your child’s test returns positive.
The result might not come back until later in the week, so it is important that this is returned to school immediately to enable school to contact other families.
Monday 21st December up to and including Sunday 3rd January
If your child displays any Covid symptoms on the dates above, it is still really important that you;
- Keep your child and anysiblings and members of your household at home
- Book a test
- Notify school once you have received the test result
I do know these are anxious times for families and we have asked a lot of you. You have responded brilliantly so far and I really appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we go into the Christmas break. This is a key moment in our combined fight against COVID-19 and your part in keeping everybody safe cannot be underestimated. Working together, we hope to minimise the transmission of this virus and protect everyone in our schools and the wider Gateshead community, as much as we can.
I appreciate that the thought of children having to isolate over the Christmas break is difficult, but it’s vitally important that children who have been in close contact and are potentially infected are not circulating in the community.
Thank you in advance and I wish you and your children an enjoyable and safe Christmas holiday and we look forward to a more ‘normal’ and Covid free New Year.
Children, Adults and Families
Gateshead Council. Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead. NE8 1HH
Tel 0191 433 3000
Caroline O’Neill, Strategic Director – Children, Adults and Families