COVID-19: An important message from the Head Teacher
Given recent developments we are aware you may have some concerns, particularly if your child is in one of the year groups who have been asked to work from home. As you know we still have Year 7, Year 11 and Year 13 in school and the intention is that they remain in school until the end of the school day on Thursday. Year 10s were asked to self-isolate from Friday 16th October and Years 8 and 9 had to be sent home due to staffing capacity. The following information is to ensure that your child has access to work for the next 2 days. (Friday 23rd October is a planned Training Day)
Please do not worry if you cannot access some or all of the work that is online; as you will see in the information that follows that there are plenty of options to allow your child to be doing the same work as if they are in school. The most important thing is that your child engages with the learning provided in order that they do not fall further behind.
Please take the time to go through the checklist below – we are currently in School Tier 2 – this is not our full contingency plan or remote learning policy but a summary guide for those children working from home for the next 2 days. Self-isolation for Year 10 will be complete by the end of half-term, and therefore we are expecting all year groups to return to school as normal on Monday 2nd November at 8.35am.
With best wishes,
Guide to COVID precautions and Remote Learning options
|A basic checklist for Parents/Carers for:|
– Children who are in school on Wednesday 21st October and Thursday 22nd October.
– Children who are required to self-isolate (Year 10)
– Children who are currently working from home (Years 8 & 9)
N.B. These are the school tiers and don’t link directly to the Government system
What does this mean for your child?
What should your child be doing?
School Tier 1:
School Tier 2 :
Please follow these steps in order, with 1 being the school’s preferred option
Please note, if students want to they can print out work and bring it with them when they return, but this is not an expectation. Work can be submitted on Class charts or may be emailed back to staff if specifically arranged or requested by a teacher. As part of our online learning follow up policy, records of Class charts access by students will be checked.
School Tier 3:
- Vacancy: Teaching AssistantApplication Pack Application form
- COVID Case: 22/10/202022nd October 2020 Dear Parents/Carers, We have been advised this morning that there has been […]
- The National Breakfast ProgrammeDear Parents/Carers, The National School Breakfast programme is a major Government initiative launched to ensure […]
- COVID case in school 20/10/202020th October 2020 Dear Parents/Carers, We have been advised that there have been two confirmed […]